plaid flannel shirt


i like plaid flannel shirts. my father had one that i borrowed when i was 13 and never returned. i still have it.

when i was 13 grunge was really popular and wearing a giant man's shirt perfectly normal. i have a bad feeling i might have even tied it around my waist at times. (last halloween i went as myself, aged 13 — i wore my father's shirt; a poor-boy cap (turned backwards); high-waisted, baggy, tapered black jeans; and an oversized t-shirt. it was a dreadful experiment; i felt really strange and awkward all day.)

men who wear plaid flannel shirts and have a beard make my small heart beat faster. i know that that makes it sound like i'm attracted to lumberjacks.

last fall my friend rachel threatened to attend our friend tasha's paris send-off party not in the old hollywood glamour attire we were supposed to wear but in "glamorous grunge." i actually quite like the idea of glamorous grunge and think it looks really nice when i see it on other people, even though i've yet to pull it off. it appeals to my 13-year-old self.

my 13-year-old self also really loved my so-called life (not that the 27-year-old self doesn't). since it was 1994 there was a lot of plaid flannel on that show.

oh plaid flannel shirt: nostalgic, cozy, and kind of a turn on.

No comments: